6.25.2012

etsy: All about my etsy shop, CharlotteIsChaCha

In 2011 I opened my etsy shop, CharlotteIsChaCha

My purpose was to sell the many things that I made through my hobby of jewelry making. I am obsessed with making jewelry. I see a design online and I want to make one for myself. But, I made so many that I was sure I would never wear them all. And that's when I decided to open my shop.

My mother had started her shop quite a while before I opened mine. Her design and love of antiques motivated me to open my own. She now has two wonderful shops: lynnesfinds and lynnesjeweledfinds.

She has been such an inspiration and I thank her for taking the leap she did when opening her own etsy shop.

I decided within the first few months of opening my shop that I wanted to add some different items besides handmade jewelry. So I went around  town to all the thrift and antique stores and purchased wonderful vintage items to add with the jewelry. They are all such sweet items and I am finding more all the time. Sometimes I don't want to sell them.

I also started dabbling in making digital prints (I make the print and save it as a jpg or pdf and then when someone purchases the item I email it to them so that they can print it off). I love fiddling around with Photoshop and in doing so taught myself most of the techniques used to make these digital prints. Again, I make more for myself then I do for the shop. They are all just so cute.

For now I have earrings, necklaces, pins, digital prints, and antique knick knacks. I haven't made a ton of sales, but when I get that email saying I've sold an item that I've made it makes me feel so wonderful. Someone likes me, they really like me!

My favorite items in the store right now are my "Keep Calm and Carry On" earrings and necklaces. They are too cute!


So please check my shop out and let me know what you think. AND I love doing custom orders!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out sweetheart! I love all your creations!

    ReplyDelete